What are cookies
Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the user’s device where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site at the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses.
For more information on cookies and tools that can help the user reduce monitoring, you can consult the section of the website dedicated to the Guarantor Authority or visit the English site AboutCookies.
In the continuation of this note, the information necessary to change the cookie settings on the user’s device will be provided.
Type of cookies
Cookies can be first or third party. The “first part” means the cookies that report the site as a domain, while the “third party” means the cookies that relate to external domains. Third party cookies are necessarily installed by an external party, defined as “third party”, not managed by the site. These subjects may also install first-party cookies, saving their cookies on the site domain.
Nature of cookies
This site uses the following categories of cookies:
Technical cookies are used for the sole purpose of transmitting an electronic communication, to ensure the correct display of the site and navigation within it. These cookies are often useful, as they can make navigation and use of the website faster and faster, for example by facilitating some procedures.
Technical cookies can be further divided into:
- Navigation or session cookies, which guarantee normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); this type of cookie, in fact, is necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
- Analytics cookies, to be assimilated to technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve the performance of the site;
- Functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language) in order to improve the service rendered. The prior consent of users is not required for the installation of these cookies.
Profiling and marketing cookies
Profiling cookies are intended to collect information on user behavior while browsing, on interests and consumption habits, also in order to provide personalized advertising in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the net.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of the individual cookies and cannot control them (it cannot install them directly or delete them). The use of profiling cookies requires the consent of the interested party. It is possible to manage this type of cookie through the browser settings shown below or through the sites indicated in the “Cookie management” section.
Cookies installed on this site
This is a google service that offers street maps and location for urban businesses.
To prevent the storage of the aforementioned cookies, the user can follow the procedure available on the following link
This site also incorporates plugins and / or buttons in order to allow easy sharing of content on some social networks. By visiting the pages of the site that contain a plugin, the browser connects directly to the servers of the social network from where the plugin is loaded, which server can track your visit to our website and, if necessary, associate it with your social account , in particular if you are logged in at the time of the visit or if you have recently browsed one of the websites containing social plugins. If you do not want the social network to record data relating to your visit to our website, you must log out of your social network account and, probably, delete the cookies that the social network has installed in your browser.
The collection and use of information by such third parties are governed by their respective privacy policies to which please refer.
Duration of cookies
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation.
Cookies can be:
- Temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, allow you to connect the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
- Permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, for example the login name and password, in order to avoid the user having to type them again each time he visits a specific site. These remain stored on the computer even after closing the browser.
Below is a list of instructions for managing cookies in relation to the most popular browsers. Disabling cookies may prevent the correct use of some functions of the site itself, in particular the services provided by third parties may not be accessible, and therefore may not be viewable. For more information visit the dedicated page:
Last revision date May 2020